Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Note to Self: Be Smart, Be Funny

So, I got this forward today. The sigificant thing about it is that I actually read it. Usually as soon as I see FW:, I delete it without a second thought. But my friend had taken the time to put "Read this, this is funny" in the subject line.

"Okay friend," I thought, "I will read this. Just because you specifically recommended it."

So I read the forward. The thing is, it was truly funny in a sarcastic and relevent way. What it actualy said really isn't my point though. My point is, at the bottom of the forward was this guy's digital signature. Grant Thorton: Tax. Audit...blah blah blah. But you know what, I was so impressed by the forward (I had to restrain myself from laughing outloud - at work) that I had to check this guy out.

"This guy gets me. He knows what is going down around here," I thought.

I mean, I actually googled him. And, okay, Grant Thorton isn't a guy - it's the company.
Brilliant marketing strategy. I sooo wish I would have thought of it first. Viral marketing.

No comments: