Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Introducing Wrigley B. Lunk


my beautiful sister and my adorable puppy!

I'm picking up our new puppy today! We're adopting Mikey from the Humane Society and renaming him Wrigley. He has all of the vaccinations that he can get at his age and is getting neutered today. I'm picking him up from the vet this afternoon. He is completely black and looks like a lab-mix - so cute and little. It will be interesting to see how big he gets, how much he sheds, and how much he eats. I'm a little nervous about how he'll take the drive home. I've read some horror stories about diarrhea and vomit, so I'm hoping those don't apply, especially since I will be by myself.

Coincidentally, today is my husband and my 5th anniversary. Five years ago in the wee hours of the morning, we were sitting on the couch in his sketchy apartment at U of I. The Cubs were in the playoffs and they were tapping a keg every night that week. The other guys had gone outside to smoke, so we were sitting there alone and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Now we're married, getting a puppy, and the Cubbies are back in the playoffs again.

No comments: